With the Ravens’ preseason all but over, following the team’s third and final preseason game, it’s time to look ahead toward roster cuts. Who will make the Baltimore roster this season?
The Ravens wrapped up the preseason in impressive fashion with a win over Washington. Taking a look back a mere 24 hours later, the dust seems to have settled in terms of roster bubble players. Some players played their way onto the team while some played their way off the team. The following players will start the year on the PUP/Injured Reserve.
- OLB Tyus Bowser- Achilles
- OLB David Ojabo-Achilles
- OLB Vince Biegel-Achilles
- RB Gus Edwards- ACL tear
Predicting The Baltimore Ravens’ 2022 53-Man Roster
- Quarterback: Lamar Jackson, Tyler Huntley (Two)
- Running Back: JK Dobbins, Mike Davis, Justice Hill (Three)
- Full Back: Patrick Ricard (One)
- Wide Receiver: Rashod Bateman, Devin Duvernay, James Proche, Tylan Wallace, Demarcus Robinson, Raleigh Webb (Six)
- Tight End: Mark Andrews, Isaiah Likely, Nick Boyle, Charlie Kolar (Four)
- Offensive Line: Ronnie Stanley, Morgan Moses, Kevin Zeitler, Tyler Linderbaum, Patrick Mekari, Tyre Phillips, Ben Powers, Ben Cleveland, Trystan Colon, Daniel Faalele (Ten)
The choice between Raleigh Webb and Shemar Bridges was tough. Makai Polk is a fringe guy as is Binjemin Victor. Webb gets the edge due to his special teams versatility. Offensive lineman Trystan Colon gets the final spot over James due to his versatility alone.
- Defensive Line: Calais Campbell, Michael Pierce, Justin Madubuike, Brent Urban, Travis Jones, Broderick Washington (Six)
- Outside Linebacker: Justin Houston, Odafe Oweh, Jeremiah Moon, Steven Means, Daelin Hayes (Five)
- Interior Linebacker: Patrick Queen, Josh Bynes, Malik Harrison, Kristin Welch, Josh Ross (Five)
- Cornerback: Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Kyle Fuller, Brandon Stephens, Jalyn Davis, Pepe Williams (Six)
- Safety: Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton, Chuck Clark, Tony Jefferson (Four)
- K Justin Tucker, P Jordan Stout, LS Nick Moore (Three)
Rookie inside linebacker Josh Ross will not only make the team, but he will also make his way into the rotation by midseason. I was toying with the idea that Harrison gets traded or cut but he barely did enough to make it this year.
Practice Squad Outlook For The Ravens This Season
Some notable players were left off the 53 man roster. I believe the team keeps Trystan Colon over Ja’Wuan James. With his salary, James is less likely to be claimed, in my opinion. Colon would get claimed by an offensive line-needy team. Tyler Badie barely misses the 53. I gave the edge to wide-out Raleigh Webb to make the team. In some form or fashion, the practice squad could be:
RB Tyler Badie, LB Diego Fagot, LB Zacoby McClain, WR Shemar Bridges, WR Makai Polk, WR Binjimen Victor, QB Anthony Brown, S Geno Stone, RB Nate McCrary, WR Slade Bolden, T Ja’Wuan James, DT Isaiah Mack, FB Ben Mason.
Now, this is purely speculative. I anticipate Eric scouring the waiver wire for surprise cuts and practice squad additions. Wednesday can not get here soon enough.